Saturday, March 13, 2010

Day 50 Waiting for official LOA....



I think today is day 50 for us waiting on our official LOA (Letter of Acceptance) from China. We look at Shiloh's picture every day and pray she is loved and cared for and that our path to her after all this waiting will be fast. We are planning to send her another care package in the next few weeks with another letter and some pictures of us. I have no idea what she may or may not have been told about us. My dad recently said he was proud of us for our persistance in the entire adoption process. It truly has been a long journey full of ups and downs and moments where we were surprised by more information and moments like this where so many days go by with no word. Current families I know have waited much longer than the 50 days we have and I can feel for them, knowing if they have waited 80 plus days, we probably will also. Persistance is required, not optional. Our little girl is more than 7000 miles away and there is nothing we can do but wait and count the days in between each process we need to put behind us. Right now waiting for LOA, then after that another 8 to 10 weeks to get our travel approval. What I thought might be May has now evolved into the probability of July or maybe even later. So we will continue to be persistant and get the things on our end done as quickly as possible. So many families waiting on children from China continue to wait to be matched and so at least we know who Shiloh is, and right now we are ahead of so many in this same process. We need to be thankful that we are on day 50 and that soon we will be on to the next step....each step leading to the moment when we will hold our little girl in our arms and know that all of this was worth it.

KISSES IN THE WIND


I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams
You are here each day with me, at least that is how it seems
I know you wonder where we are...what is taking us so long
But remember child I love you so and God will keep you strong
Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin
Because here tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind
May God hold you in his hand until I can be with you
I promise you darling I am doing all I can do
Very soon, you will have a family for real, not just pretend
But for tonight, just as always I blow you kisses in the wind
May God wrap you in his arms and hold you very tight
And let the angels bring the kisses I blow to you each night
P. Durkota

No comments: