Saturday, June 5, 2010

Thoughts...

A friend just got her daughter from Baotou last week. She visited the orphanage and saw Shiloh briefly, sitting on a rubber matt and playing. She returns home I think this Thursday and we will talk before we leave for China. I am sure she will have some pointers for us. Meanwhile my two other Renegade friends are now in Guangzhou on the last leg of their trip. It has been so exciting to see the pictures of them with their children. Seeing all the pictures and hearing the ups and downs. I know these ladies will have much to share with us as well. Only 11 more days until we take off to China. I actually cannot believe that I am sitting here typing that in plain English. We really are finally going to bring Shiloh home. I remember the last week before I knew I would be having Dakota. I finally just relaxed a little as you get to the point where there is not much else to do, or maybe you are so tired of being pregnant that you just stop. I think I am there. I still have a list of things to do. I still need to print things, work on some forms and get some other details together, but at this point today was a mellow day. I worked hard at work all last week to wind things down and I think I am just tired and ready for the delivery! I was thinking today that it is amazing the journey we have had. Think about being single for a long time, then God allowing you to meet this really good man. Then God allowing me to experience the birth of a child and now another child through adoption. I get the best of both worlds here. I have felt a baby kick and experienced in the firsts moments a love like no other. I will now get to experience real unconditional love as that is what international adoption is all about. I am thankful I get both options. I cannot wait to post my first picture of both girls together but for now....

2 comments:

Tammy ~ Country Girl at Home ~ said...

Hey it worked! Yay!

How wonderful that your friend saw Shiloh! It's hard to believe that now it's only 10 days until we leave! I have so much to do! But soon our kids will be playing together in Hohhot! :)

Have a great week, Kim!
Tammy

Unknown said...

We are so happy to hear that Shiloh will soon be with you and your wonderful family. We could not be happier for you and for Shiloh, all of whom are being blessed in such a special way. Thank you for letting us be a part of this special time, we look forward to the day we see you all as a family of 4!!!

Brandy and Lauren