Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day...

You know, we went to church this morning and for 5 years in a row, since the birth of Dakota I didn't have to be sad that I was childless. The preacher talked about Hannah (Samuel's mother) praying earnestly to GOD for a son. GOD granted her wish but then after he was weaned she gave Samuel back to GOD, by leaving him at the temple with Eli. I remember the days of praying for a child and knowing that I was missing out on something wonderful. It was hard to go to church or anywhere with people wishing you Happy Mother's Day...not really knowing if you were a mother or not. I am so sensitive to that still. I went into Penny's and was wished a Happy Mother's Day by the clerk...probably her usual reponse to all the women coming through her line. Did she really say that to me? Dakota is 5 years old and I am still not use to hearing that coming my way. I walked to my car in tears....I am a mother. I am a mother to Dakota and to Shiloh waiting for us in China. So while this mother's day was a good one, there is still someone missing...my child is still waiting to know what it is to have a real mother. Mom's are special... and Shiloh deserves to understand that and see what she had been missing. So, as Hannah prayed to God for a son, only to give him back to God.....I send out my own prayer to God that I can be the kind of mom he wants me to be, so I can serve as an example to my girls and that they will also grow up to know what all following Jesus can do for them. Chuck and I both had excellent role models in character with our parents and especially our moms. So Happy Mothers day to two special mothers......

No comments: