Friday, February 4, 2011

First post-op, Lapband visit....

11 POUNDS!!!

This is after 3 weeks of the prescribed (before and after surgery) diet of protein shakes and liquid style soft foods and broths. One more week and I can start back on softer foods and meats, the idea being to add back slowly with a lower carb diet. My first "adjustment fill" will be on March 3rd where the band is tightened up. This first one is done under flouroscopy (xray) to make sure all is well with the band and it's filling. I will continue to post pictures once every month. So I will try to remember to put the first months picture on next week. I have also been searching for Lapband meal ideas that my whole family can enjoy and will post some recipes here that we will try! I hope to slowly rid this house of the starcy things we have in the cabinents and take this family to a lower carb lifestyle one recipe at a time. (All except for the littlest person who we need to fatten up a bit! She can eat lower carbs later on, when her three year old size isn't wearing 24 months!)

2 comments:

Christy and Kevin said...

Whoo Hoooo! Way to go Kim! Prayers are with you!

Your friend Mo said...

Wow! That's phenomenal Kim! I can't wait to see you~very happy for your excitement.